Here is the new frontier in the fight against chronic pain drug

If you are part of that large portion of the population - 20% in Europe, 26% in Italy, or about 15.6 million - who suffer from chronic pain, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief is coming to a new drug will finally bring back the smile on his lips.

According to data from recent research on the Doloredoc chronic pain, it affects people between 45 and 65 (55.73%) and is due to chronic low back pain in 55% of respondents (192) and the remaining 45% to chronic pain in the joints (knees, hands, hips). After more than 30 years the first new oral drug for the treatment of chronic pain will be available in pharmacies next month: the Tapentadol (Palex) of Grünenthal - German company founded in the year '50, has always been dedicated to clinical research of products effective against pain.

Colorectal cancer: low risk if you are in pairs

Being a couple is healthy, to support a group of U.S. scientists. Having a close companion would make it possible to diagnose colon cancer earlier and to treat it more aggressively.

For students of Penn State College of Medicine and the Brigham Young University (United States), the researchers, this would be the reason that would see the risk of death decreased by 14 percent.

The presence of a spouse - the researchers - would make a difference. A spouse can take care of the sick partners, supporting and helping in decisions related to management of the disease.

Batterio Killer in germania, sospetti su condutture idriche

Ancora non si sa con certezza quale sia la causa della diffusione della nuova forma di E. coli  che in Germania ha provocato decine di decessi e contagiato migliaia di persone.  Dopo i cetrioli e i germogli di soia ora il sospetto cade sull’acqua.

L’allarme è stato lanciato dal giornale tedesco 'Der Spiegel', che intervista Martin Exner, a capo della 'Commissione Acqua Potabile' dell'ufficio federale dell'Ambiente secondo il quale "il rischio di una contaminazione microbiologica dell'acqua potabile è stato fino ad ora ampiamente sottovalutato".

Le reti idriche, nelle grandi città, vengono controllate normalmente diverse volte al giorno, ma quelle dei piccoli centri solamente una o due volte l'anno. Der Spiegel riferisce anche di uno studio dell'Oms, secondo il quale nel 5% dei piccoli acquedotti di Baden-Wuerttemberg sono stati trovati batteri di origine intestinale.